BloggerAds廣告

2011年1月25日 星期二

(7) Buying A Scooter 買台摩托車

1. die to have  想死了
2. pry             撬開
3. lemon         爛貨
4. I can relate 我可以了解

A: I would die to have a scooter right now. I hate waiting for the bus. They’re so crowded.
我想要一部摩托車想瘋了。我好討厭等公車,公車實在太擠了。
B: Why don’t you pry open your wallet and spend some of the cash you’ve stashed away.
你為何不撬開皮夾拿點存來的錢去買一台呢?
A: It’s not that I’m cheap. I’m scared of buying a lemon!
不是我小氣,我只是怕買到一個爛貨。
B: I can relate. I just bought a lemon myself a few weeks ago.
我可以了解。幾個禮拜前我自己才買了一台爛車呢!

2011年1月24日 星期一

(6) Back to School 回到學校

1. a drag 沒意思的事
2. have one’s nose to the grindstone 孜孜不倦
3. hard-nosed 一絲不苟的
4. horse around 閒混

A: I can not believe school starts again so soon.
我真不敢相信這麼快又要開學了。
B: Yeah! I know, what a drag!
是啊!我知道,真無聊!
A: It feels like just yesterday, I had my nose to the grindstone cramming for finals.
感覺好像才昨天似的,我還在拼命的準備期末考呢!
B: My teachers this year are really hard-nosed, too. I don’t think I’ll have any fun.
我今年的老師也很嚴格。我想今年沒得玩了!
A: Yeah, no time for horsing around.
沒錯,沒時間好閒混了。

2011年1月13日 星期四

(5) Mobile Phones 行動電話

1. mobile phones 大哥大
2. on the road 在路上
3. status symbol 地位的象徵
4. I couldn’t agree more. 我再同意不過了

A: I can’t believe how many people carry mobile phones. I wonder if they really need them.
    我真不敢相信那麼多人帶大哥大。我懷疑他們是否真的那麼需要。
B: I’m going to get one myself. I’m on the road a lot, and it would really be convenient.
    我也要買一個。我時常跑來跑去,有大哥大一定會方便多了。
A: Perhaps you really do need one, but I think for most people, they’re just status symbols.
    也許你真的需要一個,但我想對大多數人來說,大哥大只是地位的象徵罷了。
B: I couldn’t agree more.
    我再同意不過了。

2011年1月3日 星期一

(4) A Lost Wallet 遺失的皮夾

1. I.D.         身分證
2. reward    獎金

A: Hey, look! Somebody lost his wallet.
    嘿!有人掉了錢包。
B: Is there anything inside?
    有東西在裡面嗎?
A: There must be 20,000 dollars here and no I.D. What do you think we should do about it?
    應該有兩萬元在裡面,但沒有身分證。你覺得該怎麼處理呢?
B: We really don’t have any choice. We’ve got to take it to the nearest police station. Once the owner realizes he’s lost it, he’ll surely go there.
    沒別的選擇。我們應該把它送去最近的警察局。如果失主發現了掉錢包,一定會去那兒的。
A: Maybe we’ll get a reward!
    或許我們還會拿到獎金喔!