BloggerAds廣告

2011年7月21日 星期四

(14) Cheating 騙人

1. fall for the line 受騙
2. pull the wool over one’s eyes 騙人
3. make myself scarce 躲起來

A: This is amazing…I can’t believe Bob fell for that line. It’s one of the oldest in the books.
真令人吃驚…真不敢相信Bob會上當。那是老掉牙的手法了。
B: You know, it’s not too difficult to pull the wool over his eyes, he’s kind of slow.
你知道嗎,要騙Bob並不難。他本來就有點阿達阿達的。
A: Yeah, well…you’d better hope he doesn't find out what a fool you’ve made of him. He may be slow, but he is as big as a truck.
是啊,不過…你最好別讓他發現你在愚弄他。他雖然遲鈍,但壯得跟卡車一樣呢!
B: You’re right. I’ll make myself scarce when he’s around.
你說的對,他來的時候我得迴避一下。

2011年7月20日 星期三

(13) Sticky Situation 窘境

1. sticky situation 窘境
2. wind up 結果
3. look on the bright side 想開一點

A: You were really nervous about your blind date last night. How did it go?
你對昨晚的初次約會很緊張,進行的如何?
B: Not very well, half way through our expensive meal I forgot my date's name.
不太好,吃昂貴的大餐到一半時,我竟然忘了她的名字。
A: Oh no! How did you get out of that sticky situation?
噢,真糟糕!你怎麼擺脫這窘境?
B: Well, I took a shot and wound up sitting at the table all alone.
唉,我猜了一猜,結果就只剩我自己一個人吃了。
A: Look on the bright side. Since your date left, you had all of that expensive food for yourself.
想開一點。既然她先走了,你自己就獨享了那頓大餐。