BloggerAds廣告

2010年12月28日 星期二

(3) Buying Life Insurance 買保險

1. preoccupied 心不在焉
2. that depends 看情形
3. might as well 乾脆

A: You seem preoccupied. What’s on your mind?
    你看起來心不在焉。在想什麼啊?
B: I’m thinking about buying life insurance, but it’s so expensive. Do you think it’s worth it?
    我想投保,但太貴了。你認為那值得嗎?
A: That depends. If you have children, I think you should buy it.
    看情形。如果你有小孩的話,我認為你應該買。
B: I suppose you are right. I might as well give that agent a call tonight.
    你說得沒錯。我乾脆今晚就打電話給那個壽險顧問好了。

2010年12月27日 星期一

抱老婆

某先生到青松超市買東西結帳時,

店員:身分證號碼?

先生:可以報我老婆嗎?

店員:ㄇ...,抱自己的老婆沒關係。不要抱錯就好了。

先生:A111222333

(2) New Neighbors 新鄰居

1. pull up 停下
2. foreigner 外國人
3. throw a welcome party 開個歡迎派對

A: A big truck just pulled up next door. It looks the new neighbors are moving in.
    一輛大卡車剛停在隔壁。好像新鄰居搬進來了。
B: Do you have any idea where they're from?
    你知道他們是從哪裡來的嗎?
A: Someone told me they’re foreigners. It should be interesting to meet them.
    有人跟我說他們是外國人。認識他們一定很好玩。
B: Why don’t we throw them a welcoming party?
    我們何不開個派對來歡迎呢?

2010年12月24日 星期五

(1) Girlfriend 女朋友

1. whining and moaning 唉聲嘆氣
2. demeaning 瞧不起人的
3. find faults with 挑剔

A: So, after nine months of whining and moaning you’ve finally found yourself a girlfriend. How are you getting along?
    唉聲嘆氣過了九個月,你終於找到女朋友了。相處的還好嗎?
B: Well, it’s not all I had hoped it would be. She’s very demeaning and seems to find faults with nearly everything I do.
    嗯,沒想像的好。她很瞧不起人的,而且好像對我做的每件事都很挑剔。
A: Beggars can’t be choosers.
    人是你追來的,就不能太挑啊。
B: True, but I was begging for a girlfriend, not a drill sergeant.
    是沒錯,但是我要找的是女朋友,又不是軍訓教官。

2010年12月19日 星期日

(63) Smelly feet 臭腳丫

A: Do you like skateboards or roller-skates?
    你喜歡滑板還是溜冰鞋?
B: I like skateboards because you don’t have to take off you shoes to use them.
    我喜歡滑板,因為不需要脫鞋子。
A: Yeah, but roller-skates are really fun.
    是啊,可是溜冰鞋真的很好玩。
B: Believe me, if I took off my shoes, you wouldn't have fun.
    我敢保證,如果我脫了鞋子,你就不會覺得好玩了。

2010年12月14日 星期二

(62) Have fun 好好地玩

A: In a week I'm going to 13 years old.
   在一個星期我就13歲了。
B: Wow, you're so old. What are you going to do?
    哇,你這麼大了啊!你打算做什麼呢?
A: I don't know. I want to have fun.
    我不知道耶!我要好好地玩。
B: Why don't you get married?
    你為什麼不結婚呢?
A: Get married? I said I want to have fun.
    結婚?我是說我要好好地玩。

2010年12月10日 星期五

(61) Hide and seek 捉迷藏

A: Catch me if you can! Let's play hide and seek.
    你能不能捉到我!我們來玩捉迷藏吧。
B: OK. You hide somewhere while I count.
    好。我來數你來躲。
A: You can't find me! I'm hidden from you.
    你找不到我!我躲起來了。
B: There you are! I'm gonna catch you now.
    找到了!我現在要來捉你了。

2010年12月8日 星期三

(60) What would you like to be? 你想當什麼?

A: Would you like to be Michael Jackson or Michael Jordan?
    你想當Michael Jackson 或是 Michael Jordan?
B: Michael Jackson.
    Michael Jackson。
A: Why? Because he can dance and sing so well?
    為什麼?因為他很會跳舞和唱歌嗎?
B: Yeah.
    是啊。
A: But he can't play basketball.
    但是他不會打籃球啊?

2010年12月7日 星期二

(59) Camera 照相機

A: I just bought a new camera.
    我剛買了一部新照相機。
B: Wow, let’s take some pictures.
    哇,我們去照一些相吧。
A: We can’t. It doesn’t work.
    沒辦法。因為相機不能用。
B: How come?
    為什麼?
A: I don’t have any battery.
    我沒有電池。

2010年12月5日 星期日

(58) Strawberry patch 草莓園

A: Why does an elephant paint its toenails red?
     為什麼大象要把它的腳指甲塗成紅色呢?
B: I don’t know. Why?
    我不知道耶。為什麼?
A: So it can hide in a strawberry patch. Have you ever seen an elephant in a strawberry patch?
    這樣大象就可以躲在草莓園裡。你在草莓園裡看過大象嗎?
B: No. I haven’t.
    我沒見過。
A: See! It works.
    你看!這招果然有用。

2010年12月4日 星期六

(57) Horrible movie 恐怖電影

A: I saw a good movie last night. It was really scary and I screamed a lot.
    昨晚我看了一部好電影,真的很恐怖,害我一直尖叫。
B: I saw a good one, too. But there was a person sitting in front of me that kept screaming. It was annoying so I threw popcorn at her.
    我也看了一部好電影,但坐在我前面的那個人一直尖叫,他實在很吵,所以我用爆米花丟他。
A: You know, someone kept throwing popcorn at me every time I screamed.
    你知道嗎?每次我一尖叫就有人用爆米花丟我。
B: Oh, no. It was you.
    糟糕,原來就是你。