BloggerAds廣告

2010年12月28日 星期二

(3) Buying Life Insurance 買保險

1. preoccupied 心不在焉
2. that depends 看情形
3. might as well 乾脆

A: You seem preoccupied. What’s on your mind?
    你看起來心不在焉。在想什麼啊?
B: I’m thinking about buying life insurance, but it’s so expensive. Do you think it’s worth it?
    我想投保,但太貴了。你認為那值得嗎?
A: That depends. If you have children, I think you should buy it.
    看情形。如果你有小孩的話,我認為你應該買。
B: I suppose you are right. I might as well give that agent a call tonight.
    你說得沒錯。我乾脆今晚就打電話給那個壽險顧問好了。

2010年12月27日 星期一

抱老婆

某先生到青松超市買東西結帳時,

店員:身分證號碼?

先生:可以報我老婆嗎?

店員:ㄇ...,抱自己的老婆沒關係。不要抱錯就好了。

先生:A111222333

(2) New Neighbors 新鄰居

1. pull up 停下
2. foreigner 外國人
3. throw a welcome party 開個歡迎派對

A: A big truck just pulled up next door. It looks the new neighbors are moving in.
    一輛大卡車剛停在隔壁。好像新鄰居搬進來了。
B: Do you have any idea where they're from?
    你知道他們是從哪裡來的嗎?
A: Someone told me they’re foreigners. It should be interesting to meet them.
    有人跟我說他們是外國人。認識他們一定很好玩。
B: Why don’t we throw them a welcoming party?
    我們何不開個派對來歡迎呢?

2010年12月24日 星期五

(1) Girlfriend 女朋友

1. whining and moaning 唉聲嘆氣
2. demeaning 瞧不起人的
3. find faults with 挑剔

A: So, after nine months of whining and moaning you’ve finally found yourself a girlfriend. How are you getting along?
    唉聲嘆氣過了九個月,你終於找到女朋友了。相處的還好嗎?
B: Well, it’s not all I had hoped it would be. She’s very demeaning and seems to find faults with nearly everything I do.
    嗯,沒想像的好。她很瞧不起人的,而且好像對我做的每件事都很挑剔。
A: Beggars can’t be choosers.
    人是你追來的,就不能太挑啊。
B: True, but I was begging for a girlfriend, not a drill sergeant.
    是沒錯,但是我要找的是女朋友,又不是軍訓教官。

2010年12月19日 星期日

(63) Smelly feet 臭腳丫

A: Do you like skateboards or roller-skates?
    你喜歡滑板還是溜冰鞋?
B: I like skateboards because you don’t have to take off you shoes to use them.
    我喜歡滑板,因為不需要脫鞋子。
A: Yeah, but roller-skates are really fun.
    是啊,可是溜冰鞋真的很好玩。
B: Believe me, if I took off my shoes, you wouldn't have fun.
    我敢保證,如果我脫了鞋子,你就不會覺得好玩了。

2010年12月14日 星期二

(62) Have fun 好好地玩

A: In a week I'm going to 13 years old.
   在一個星期我就13歲了。
B: Wow, you're so old. What are you going to do?
    哇,你這麼大了啊!你打算做什麼呢?
A: I don't know. I want to have fun.
    我不知道耶!我要好好地玩。
B: Why don't you get married?
    你為什麼不結婚呢?
A: Get married? I said I want to have fun.
    結婚?我是說我要好好地玩。

2010年12月10日 星期五

(61) Hide and seek 捉迷藏

A: Catch me if you can! Let's play hide and seek.
    你能不能捉到我!我們來玩捉迷藏吧。
B: OK. You hide somewhere while I count.
    好。我來數你來躲。
A: You can't find me! I'm hidden from you.
    你找不到我!我躲起來了。
B: There you are! I'm gonna catch you now.
    找到了!我現在要來捉你了。

2010年12月8日 星期三

(60) What would you like to be? 你想當什麼?

A: Would you like to be Michael Jackson or Michael Jordan?
    你想當Michael Jackson 或是 Michael Jordan?
B: Michael Jackson.
    Michael Jackson。
A: Why? Because he can dance and sing so well?
    為什麼?因為他很會跳舞和唱歌嗎?
B: Yeah.
    是啊。
A: But he can't play basketball.
    但是他不會打籃球啊?

2010年12月7日 星期二

(59) Camera 照相機

A: I just bought a new camera.
    我剛買了一部新照相機。
B: Wow, let’s take some pictures.
    哇,我們去照一些相吧。
A: We can’t. It doesn’t work.
    沒辦法。因為相機不能用。
B: How come?
    為什麼?
A: I don’t have any battery.
    我沒有電池。

2010年12月5日 星期日

(58) Strawberry patch 草莓園

A: Why does an elephant paint its toenails red?
     為什麼大象要把它的腳指甲塗成紅色呢?
B: I don’t know. Why?
    我不知道耶。為什麼?
A: So it can hide in a strawberry patch. Have you ever seen an elephant in a strawberry patch?
    這樣大象就可以躲在草莓園裡。你在草莓園裡看過大象嗎?
B: No. I haven’t.
    我沒見過。
A: See! It works.
    你看!這招果然有用。

2010年12月4日 星期六

(57) Horrible movie 恐怖電影

A: I saw a good movie last night. It was really scary and I screamed a lot.
    昨晚我看了一部好電影,真的很恐怖,害我一直尖叫。
B: I saw a good one, too. But there was a person sitting in front of me that kept screaming. It was annoying so I threw popcorn at her.
    我也看了一部好電影,但坐在我前面的那個人一直尖叫,他實在很吵,所以我用爆米花丟他。
A: You know, someone kept throwing popcorn at me every time I screamed.
    你知道嗎?每次我一尖叫就有人用爆米花丟我。
B: Oh, no. It was you.
    糟糕,原來就是你。

2010年11月28日 星期日

(56) Clean my room 整理我的房間

A: Would you rather clean your room or sleep?
    你想要整理你的房間或睡覺?
B: I would rather clean my room.
    我寧願整理我的房間。
A: Why would you rather clean your room?
    為什麼你寧願整理你的房間?
B: Because every time I clean my room I get so tired I fall asleep.
    因為每次我整理我的房間時,就很累,然後就睡著了。

2010年11月27日 星期六

(55) Go to the dentist 看牙醫

A: What time is the best time to go to the dentist?
    哪時候去看牙醫最好?
B: I don’t know.
    我不曉得。
A: When your teeth are clean and you haven’t eaten any candy.
    就是你的牙齒很乾淨而且沒有吃糖的時候。
B: I guess you must never go to the dentist.
    我猜你一定沒有去看過牙醫。

2010年11月24日 星期三

(54) Return 歸還

A: Can I have my pencil back, please?
    請把鉛筆還給我好嗎?
B: But you said I could borrow it!
    但是你說過我可以借的啊!
A: That was 3 weeks ago!
    那是三個禮拜前說的!
B: But I still need it.
    但我還要用嘛!
A: Well then, how about buying me a new one?
    那麼,你乾脆買一隻新的給我怎麼樣?

2010年11月23日 星期二

(53) Fast food 速食

A: Do you like McDonald’s better than Kentucky Fried Chicken?
    你比較喜歡麥當勞勝過肯德基炸雞嗎?
B: Sometimes.
    有時候。
A: No. I mean which one do you like better?
    不是啦,我是說你比較喜歡哪一個?
B: I like McDonald’s better at lunch and Kentucky Fried Chicken better at dinner.
    我午餐比較喜歡麥當勞,晚餐比較喜歡肯德基炸雞。

2010年11月22日 星期一

(52) Like a lion 像一頭獅子

A: Have you ever seen a lion?
    你看過獅子嗎?
B: Yes, I saw a big one on my sofa.
    有,我在家的沙發上看過。
A: What? A lion on your sofa?
    什麼?獅子在你家的沙發上?
B: Yeah, but it just turned out to be my dad.
    是啊,只是原來是我爸爸。

2010年11月21日 星期日

(51) Clean CD 清洗CD

A: My mother is angry with me.
    我媽在生我的氣。
B: What did you do?
    你做了什麼了?
A: I cleaned her CDs.
    我清洗她的CD。
B: So, why did she get mad?
    那她為什麼要生氣呢?
A: I washed them with soap and water.
    我用肥皂水來清洗。

2010年11月18日 星期四

(50) Basketball 籃球

A: Who is your favorite basketball player?
    你最喜歡哪個籃球員?
B: Michael Jordon.
    Michael Jordon。
A: Why do you like him so much?
    你為什麼那麼喜歡他?
B: Because he can fly, I wish I could fly.
    因為他能夠飛,我希望我也能飛。
A: Me too.
    我也希望如此。

2010年11月17日 星期三

(49) Watermelon 西瓜

A: My father said that it’s not good to eat watermelon seeds.
    我爸爸說吃西瓜不好?
B: Why not?
    為什麼不好?
A: He said that if you eat the seeds, a watermelon plant will grow inside your stomach.
    他說如果吃了西瓜子,胃裡面會長出西瓜來。
B: Oh, no. I just ate a whole watermelon and now I’m getting thirsty.
    哦,糟了!我才吃了一整個西瓜,現在我感覺愈來愈渴了。

2010年11月16日 星期二

(48) Disneyland 狄斯奈樂園

A: Have you ever been to America?
    你有沒有去過美國?
B: Yes. I went there last year. I went to Disneyland.
    有啊,我去年到狄斯奈樂園。
A: Wow! Did you see Mickey Mouse?
    哇!你看到米老鼠了嗎?
B: See him? I even gave him some cheese.
    看到他?我還給他起司吃呢。

2010年11月15日 星期一

(47) Zoo 動物園

A: I love to go to the zoo.
    我好喜歡到動物園玩。
B: So do I. I like to watch the bears play.
    我也是。我喜歡看熊玩耍。
A: Yeah, I like to watch them eat and sleep.
    是啊,我喜歡看牠們吃東西和睡覺。
B: Why do you like to watch them eat and sleep?
    你為什麼喜歡看牠們吃東西和睡覺?
A: Because they look like my dad when he eats and sleeps.
    因為牠們看起來就像我爸爸在吃東西和睡覺。

2010年11月14日 星期日

(46) Animal 動物

A: What kind of animal would you like to be?
    你想當哪一中動物?
B: I would like to be a giraffe.
    我想當一隻長頸鹿。
A: Why would you like to be a giraffe?
    為什麼你想當長頸鹿呢?
B: Because if my kite got stuck in a tree, I would get it out myself.
   因為如果我的風箏卡在樹上,我就可以自己把它拿下來。

2010年11月11日 星期四

(45) Shopping 購物

A: I hate shopping so much!
    我真討厭去逛街買東西!
B: So do I. It’s tiring to just walk all over the place, not to mention boring.
    我有是。到處逛就很累了,更不用說是無聊透了。
A: I only go along because Mom sometimes gives me money when she’s buying something.
    我是因為我媽有時候買東西會順便給我一些零錢,我才跟去的。
B: That doesn’t work for me. My Mom always uses her credit card!
    那對我行不通的。我媽都用信用卡買東西。

2010年11月8日 星期一

(44) Ice cream 冰淇淋

A: It’s so hot today. My ice cream is melting faster than I can eat it.
    今天真熱。我的冰淇淋溶化得太快都來不及吃。
B: We should invent a melt-proof ice cream.
    我們應該發明一種防溶化的冰淇淋。
A: But it wouldn’t be ice cream if it didn’t melt.
    但是如果冰淇淋不溶化,就不叫冰淇淋了。
B: So what do you want then?
    那麼,你到底要怎樣呢?
A: Stop talking and help me eat it, OK?
    不要再說了,趕快幫我吃冰淇淋,好嗎?

2010年11月7日 星期日

(43) Birthday party 生日派對

A: Do you want to come to my birthday party?
    你要不要來參加我的生日派對呢?
B: Will it be good?
    好玩嗎?
A: We’re having pizza, cake and games.
    我們有披薩、蛋糕,還有遊戲喔。
B: How about presents?
    那麼禮物呢?
A: Well, I hope so! You’re supposed to give them to me, you know.
    但願會有!但是禮物應該是你送給我才對啊。

2010年11月4日 星期四

(42) Bananaman 香蕉人

A: Why do you eat so many bananas?
    你為什麼吃那麼多香蕉?
B: Because they taste great.
    因為好吃啊。
A: You’ll turn into a banana pretty soon.
    你很快就會變成香蕉了!
B: No problem. I’ll be Bananaman. Like Superman, you know, but yellow!
    沒關係。我會變成香蕉人。你知道嘛,就像超人一樣,只是黃皮膚而已!

2010年11月3日 星期三

(41) Baboon 狒狒

A: Wow, the zoo has so many weird animals!
    哇噢,動物園有許多奇怪的動物喔!
B: Yeah, look at that baboon over there.
    是啊,你看那邊那隻狒狒。
A: Hey, he’s looking at us.
    牠正在看我們耶!
B: No wonder. He probably thinks you’re his brother.
    這也難怪。牠或許認為你是牠的兄弟。

2010年10月31日 星期日

(40) Too noisy 太吵了

A: Can’t you eat with your mouth shut? You’re so noisy. It’s driving me crazy!
    你能不能閉著嘴巴吃東西啊?吵死了,我受不了了!
B: This is how I eat, you’ll just have to get used to it.
    我吃東西就是這樣,你就適應一下吧。
A: Impossible! My ears are hurting!
    不可能!我的耳朵痛死了!
B: So are mine…from your complaining.
    你一直抱怨,我的耳朵也痛死了。

2010年10月21日 星期四

(39) Two-handed pizza 雙手披薩

A: What’s your favorite food?
    你最喜歡的食物是什麼?
B: My favorite food is two-handed pizza.
    我最喜歡的食物是雙手披薩。
A: Two-handed pizza! What’s that?
    雙手披薩!那是什麼?
B: A piece in my right hand and a piece in my left hand.
    就是一片在右手,一片在左手。

2010年10月19日 星期二

(38) Stomachache 肚子痛

A: Monica, what do you get when you add 3 chocolate bars and 4 doughnuts?
    Monica,三條巧克力加四個甜甜圈等於什麼?
B: A stomachache.
    肚子痛。
A: Why?
    為什麼?
B: That’s what I get when I eat 3 chocolate bars and 4 doughnuts.
    我就是吃了三條巧克力加四個甜甜圈肚子就痛了。

2010年10月18日 星期一

(37) Computer game 電腦遊戲

A: Johnny, do you like computers?
    Johnny,你喜歡電腦嗎?
B: Sure. I like playing computer games.
    當然。我喜歡玩電腦遊戲。
A: What’s your favorite game?
    你最喜歡哪一種?
B: Computer chess. But it is not very easy to play.
    電腦棋。但是不太容易玩。
A: Why?
    怎麼說?
B: Cause the computer always wins.
    因為電腦總是贏。

2010年10月17日 星期日

(36) Weird horse 怪馬

A: Have you ever seen a horse with six legs?
    你看過六隻腳的馬嗎?
B: No, I haven’t seen a horse with six legs. Why?
    沒有,我沒看過六隻腳的馬。為什麼這樣問?
A: Well, if you do, get out of its way.
    嗯,如果你看到的話,就別擋牠的路。

2010年10月15日 星期五

(35) Different dinner 不同的晚餐

A: What are we having for dinner?
    我們晚上要吃什麼?
B: We’re having liver, tofu and rice.
    我們要吃豬肝豆腐飯。
A: Oh, can you ask mom if it is OK to eat at Billy’s house?
    噢,你問媽媽可不可以去Billy家吃飯?
B: Sure, why?
    好啊,為什麼?
A: Because they are having hamburgers, French fries and ice cream.
    因為他們要吃漢堡、薯條和冰淇淋。

(34) Owe money 欠錢

A: Why are you so sad?
    你為什麼這麼難過?
B: I just found 500 dollars.
    我剛才撿到了500元。
A: That’s great!
    真棒啊!
B: No, it’s not. I owe my mom 300 dollars and my sister 150 dollars, so all I have left is 50 dollars.
    才不呢。我欠我媽300元還有我姊姊150,所以我只剩下50元。
A: No, you don’t, because you still owe me 100 dollars.
    不對,因為你還欠我100元。
B: See, I found 500 dollars, but it costs me 50!
    看吧,我雖然撿到500元,但我還倒貼了50!

2010年10月14日 星期四

(33) Too hungry 太餓了

A: Do you have a puppy?
    你有小狗嗎?
B: I used to have one, but my father made me give it away.
    我以前有一隻,但我爸爸要我送給別人。
A: Why?
    為什麼?
B: I forgot to feed it and it ate my father’s shoes.
    我忘記餵牠,牠就吃了我爸爸的鞋子。

2010年10月13日 星期三

(32) Make money 賺錢

A: I’ve got a great idea to make money. Do you want to help?
    我已經想到了一個賺錢的好方法。你想幫忙嗎?
B: Yeah, sure. What do you want me to do?
    好啊,當然。你要我做什麼?
A: First, give me all the money in your pockets.
    首先,把你口袋所有的錢給我。
B: Here you go. Now when do we start making money?
    拿去。現在,我們什麼時候開始賺錢?
A: Well, I’ve already made 100 dollars!
    嗯,我已經賺了一百塊了!

2010年10月12日 星期二

(31) Sicker 病得嚴重

A: I wish I could get better. Being sick is no fun.
    我真希望趕快好。生病真不好玩。
B: But you get to stay in bed all day and watch TV.
    但你可以留在床上整天看電視。
A: Staying in bed is really boring. I want to go back to school.
    在床上真是無聊。我想回學校。
B: Wow, you’re sicker than I thought!
    哇噢,你比我想像的病得還嚴重!

2010年10月10日 星期日

(30) Santa 聖誕老公公

A: What on earth are you doing?     你到底在幹嘛?
B: I am writing a letter to Santa.
    我在寫信給聖誕老公公。
A: Don’t you think it’s a bit early to think about Christmas?
    你不覺得現在想到聖誕節有點太早了嗎?
B: It’s never too early to think about presents and holidays.
    想到禮物和假期是永遠不嫌早的。

(29) Smart dog 聰明的狗

A: Your dog is very smart!
    你的狗好聰明!
B: Nah, not really.
    哪有,沒這回事。
A: Are you kidding? He can even play computer games!
    愛說笑?牠還會玩電腦遊戲呢!
B: Yeah, but he only beats me one time out of three.
    是啊,可是牠三次才贏我一次。

2010年10月8日 星期五

(28) Pinocchio小木偶

A: I did my homework, but I lost it!
    我有做功課啊,但是它不見了!
B: Liar, liar pants on fire!
    騙子,別騙人了!
A: I’m not lying!
    我沒有騙你啊!
B: Then why is your nose growing, Pinocchio?
    那為什麼你的鼻子在變長,小木偶?

(27) Wash clothes 洗衣服

A: I heard your mom grounded you. What’d you do?
    聽說你被你媽禁足了。你做了什麼事?
B: I just washed some clothes.
    我只是洗了一些衣服。
A: What’s the big deal about that?
    那有什麼大不了的事?
B: I guess I shouldn’t put my brother’s clothes in the washing machine while he’s still wearing them.
    我想我不應該把我弟弟還穿在身上的衣服放到洗衣機去。

2010年10月6日 星期三

(26) Coke 可樂

A: Hey, you shouldn’t drink so much cola!
    嘿,你不該喝那麼多可樂!
B: Oh, mind your own business!
    你管我!
A: A dentist once put a tooth in a glass of coke for a week, and it rotted away!
    有個牙醫把一顆牙齒放在可樂裏一個禮拜,結果牙齒就被腐蝕掉了。
B: Good thing it doesn’t take me a week to drink a glass of coke!
    還好我喝一杯可樂不需花一個禮拜。

2010年10月4日 星期一

(25) Flip a coin

A: Who gets the last piece of pizza?
    誰要吃最後一片披薩?
B: Let’s flip a coin!
    來擲銅板吧!
A: Okay, Heads I win, tails you lose.
    好,正面我贏,反面你輸。

2010年10月2日 星期六

(24) Spelling contest 拼字比賽

A: You know, I think you should be in a spelling contest!
    我覺得你應該參加拼字比賽!
B: Don’t be a wise guy.
    別諷刺我了。
A: No, really. I bet you could win a prize for the lowest score ever.
    說真的。我打賭你一定會得到有史以來最低分。
B: How would you like a knuckle sandwich?
    你欠揍是不是?

2010年10月1日 星期五

(23) Karate 空手道

A: That guy Arnold’s a real wimp!
    那個Arnold真是個膽小鬼!
B: Be careful! He knows karate!
    小心噢!他懂空手道喔!
A: You’re kidding! Really?
    別騙人了!真的嗎?
B: Yeah, he knows “karate”, “sushi” and “sashimi” and ten other Japanese words!
    真的,他懂“空手道”, “壽司”和“生魚片”,還有其他十個日本字!

2010年9月30日 星期四

(22) Girlfriend 女朋友

A: Mary’s your friend, right?
    Mary是你的朋友,對吧?
B: Yeah. So?
    是啊。怎樣?
A: She’s your friend, and she’s a girl, so that means she’s your girlfriend!
    她是你的朋友,而且她是個女生,所以她是你的女朋友!
B: What? No way!
    什麼?才不是呢!

2010年9月29日 星期三

(21) Ping-pong乒乓球

A: Hey, I’ve got a riddle for you!
    嘿,給你猜個謎語!
B: Let’s hear it.
    說說看。
A: What goes “Ping ping ping ping ping ping ping?”
    什麼是”乒乒乒乒乒乒乒”?
B: A man playing Ping-pong by himself!
    就是一個人自己玩乒乓球嘛!

2010年9月28日 星期二

(20) Math 數學

A: What’s wrong with you?
    你怎麼啦?
B: It’s this math homework. I just don’t get it.
    都是這些數學作業啦。我都不懂。
A: Oh, I’m good at math. What is it you don’t understand?
    噢,我數學很好。你哪裡不懂?
B: All these numbers!
    所有的數字都不懂!

2010年9月27日 星期一

(19) Force somebody's hand 迫使某人做某事

A: Can you help me with my homework?
    你能幫我作功課嗎?
B: No way!
    甭想。
A: Look, if you don’t help me, I’ll tell mom who broke the window.
    好,如果你不幫我,我就告訴媽媽誰打破了窗戶
B: You wouldn’t dare!
    你才不敢呢!
A: Mooom!
    媽!
B: OK, OK. I’ll help you.
    好,好。我會幫你做。

2010年9月25日 星期六

如何宣教才有果效

一位牧師受邀到南部教會宣教,開車途中心裡一直思索著該如何吸引眾多的人群來到教會接受福音,開著開著突然靈光乍現 ····



到底是開到哪裡得到了啟示?









關廟

(18) School 上學

A: I hate school.
我討厭上學。
B: Why? I love it.
為什麼?我喜歡上學。
A: That’s because only idiots like school.
那是因為只有傻子才喜歡上學。
B: Then why are my grades higher than yours?
那麼為什麼我的成績比你好呢?
A: Because I’m too smart to let them know I’m smart.
因為我聰明到不讓他們知道我有多聰明。

(17) Disgusting face 噁心的鬼臉

A: Hey, watch this.
    嘿!看這兒。
B: That’s a disgusting face. Look at mine.
    好噁心的鬼臉喔。看我的。
A: Oh! Man. That’s totally gross.
    噢!老天。太噁心了。
B: Oh, no! Now my eyes won’t uncross.
    噢!完了!我的眼睛變鬥雞眼變不回來。

2010年9月23日 星期四

(16) Save up money 存錢

A: Look at that baseball cap!
    看看那頂棒球帽!
B: Cool.
    好酷喔!
A: I want to buy it but I don’t have any money.
    我好想要買但是我沒有錢。
B: Well, why don’t you save up your lunch money for a few days and then you can buy it?
    你何不把午餐錢存個幾天然後就可以買了。

(15) One piece of cake 一塊蛋糕

A: There’s only one piece of cake left.
    只剩一塊蛋糕。
B: Yeah and there’s two of us.
    對啊!但我們有二個人。
A: What’ll we do?
    我們要怎麼辦?
B: Well, you wanna cut or choose?
    那麼你要切還是要選?
A: I’ll choose. You cut.
    我要選,你來切。

2010年9月21日 星期二

(14) Cookies 餅乾

A: Did you eat all the cookies?
    你把所有的餅乾都吃掉了嗎?
B: Nooooo…
    沒…有。
A: If you didn’t. Who did?
    如果不是你,是誰?
B: Well, I ate half the cookies and the kitty ate the other half.
    嗯,我吃了一半,喵喵吃了另一半。

2010年9月20日 星期一

(13) Who is taller? 誰較高?

A: Hi, how old are you?
    嗨,你幾歲?
B: I’m ten years old. How old are you?
    我十歲。你呢?
A: I’m nine years old, but I’m taller than you.
    我九歲,但是我比你高。
B: No, you’re not. It’s just your hair.
    才怪。那只是你的頭髮。

2010年9月19日 星期日

(12) Go to the bathroom 上廁所

A: John! I have to go to the bathroom.
    John!我要上廁所。
B: You just went 10 minutes ago.
    你十分鐘前才上過。
A: I know, but I have to go again.
    我知道。可是我還要去。
B: All right, all right! Just don’t take all day.
    好吧,好吧。別拖太久喔。

2010年9月17日 星期五

(11) Thief 小偷

A: John, did you break the window?
    John,是你打破窗戶嗎?
B: Not me.
    不是我。
A: You’re the only one here. If you didn’t break it, who did?
    這裡就只有你一人。不是你會是誰?
B: It was the man who took our TV.
    是把我們家電視搬走的那個人。

(10) Turn in the essay 交作文

A: We’ve gotta get our school essay done right now.
    我們現在就要把學校作文寫完。
B: When do we have to turn it in?
    我們哪時候要交?
A: In five minutes.
    五分鐘之內。
B: No way! I just started.
    不可能!我才剛開始寫呢。

2010年9月15日 星期三

(9) Kung Fu 功夫

A: Did you see that new Kung Fu movie?
    你有沒有看過那新的功夫片?
B: Yeah, I did. That Kung Fu man beat up so many people!
    有啊,我看了。那一位功夫高手擊敗很多人。
A: I wish I could do that.
    我希望我可以跟他一樣。
B: So do I. Why don’t we take a Kung Fu class?
    我也是。我們何不去學功夫呢?
A: Good idea.
    好主意。

2010年9月14日 星期二

(8) A lousy idea餿主意

A: Hey! What are you doing?
    嘿!你在幹什麼?
B: I’m studying. I’ve been studying for 3 hours. My eyes are so tired.
    我在唸書啊。我已經唸三小時了。我的眼睛好痠噢。
A: I’ve got an idea! How about you help me do my homework?
    我有一個好主意!那你幫我做功課怎樣。
B: I think I’d rather eat a bug.
    我想我寧願去吃蟲。

(7) Buy a shark 買一隻鯊魚

A: Why do you look so sad?
    你為什麼看起來這麼難過?
B: My sister’s cat ate my little fish.
    我姐姐的貓吃掉我的小魚!
A: Wow, maybe you should eat your sister’s cat.
    哇噢,或許你應該吃掉你姐姐的貓。
B: No. I think I’m going to buy a shark.
    才不要呢。我想我要去買一隻鯊魚。

2010年9月13日 星期一

(6) Ambition 志向

A: Hey! What are you going to be when you grow up?
你長大想當什麼?
B: I’m going to be a rich movie star. I’m going to have a big house and a great car.
我想當一個有錢的電影明星。我想要一個大房子和一部很棒的車。
A: I’m going to be a doctor and help a lot of people.
我想當醫生,而且幫助很多人。
B: Maybe you can help me if I get sick when I’m famous.
假如我很有名又生病時,也許你就可以幫助我了。
A: Only if you give me lots of money.
只要你給我很多錢。

2010年9月11日 星期六

(5) Cavity 蛀牙

A: I just got back from the dentist. I’ve got five cavities. Mom’s really mad.
我才剛從牙醫那邊回來。我有五顆蛀牙。我媽好生氣噢。
B: Did she punish you?
她有處罰你嗎?
A: Yeah, she said I can’t eat candy, watch TV or use my computer.
有啊,她說我不能吃糖,不能看電視或玩我的電腦了。
B: That’s OK. You can still eat pizza and hamburgers and use my computer.
那倒沒關係。你仍然可以吃披薩和漢堡,也可以玩我的電腦。

(4) Video game 電視遊樂器

A: Do you want to play that new video game?
    你想不想玩新的電視遊樂器?
B: Which one?
    哪一種?
A: It’s called smelly hairy wild Kung Fu pigs.
    叫做臭毛功夫野豬。
B: Wow, that sounds exciting, but I can’t go. My mom says I have to practice my violin.
    哇噢!聽起來好刺激,但我不能去。我媽要我練小提琴。

2010年9月10日 星期五

(3) Terrible taste 恐怖的味道

A: Hey, Rick. What are you doing?
    嘿,Rick。你在幹嘛?
B: I’m eating a banana, carrot and tofu sandwich.
    我正在吃香蕉、胡蘿蔔和豆腐三明治。
A: Yuck. That sounds terrible. How does it taste?
    真嘔!聽起來好恐怖。味道如何?
B: It tastes kinda like banana, carrot, tofu and bread.
    吃起來有點像香蕉、胡蘿蔔、豆腐和麵包。

2010年9月9日 星期四

(2) Don’t forget to… 別忘了

A: Mark! Can I borrow your eraser?
     Mark!我可以跟你借橡皮擦嗎?
B: O.K. What happened to yours?
     沒問題。你的怎麼啦?
A: I don’t know. I put it somewhere.
     我不知道。我放在某一個地方。
B: OK, just don’t forget to give it back to me when you’re finished.
     好吧,那你用完別忘了還我。

2010年9月8日 星期三

(1) New Puppy 新養的小狗

A: Is this your new puppy?
    這是你新養的小狗嗎?
B: Yes. Isn’t he cute?
    是啊。牠很可愛吧!
A: Yeah, his ears and feet are so big. What’s his name?
    是啊,牠的耳朵和腳都很大。牠叫什麼名字?
B: His name is Old Brown because he looks old and he has a brown coat.
    牠叫老黃。因為牠看起來很老而且皮又是褐色的。

2010年4月29日 星期四